Sunday, January 24, 2010

So busy!

This year started out just perfect with this little guy arriving on New Year's Eve. Hudson Jay McCoy entered this world just as perfect and beautiful as can be! So far he has been the perfect baby for Mom and Dad, Mary and Colin! Congratulations you guys! Can't wait to see you become awesome parents to this little guy! We love all 3 of you!

Then on January 15th, another little nephew arrived! Gage Evan Spahr was born just a little after 11 p.m. and was also perfect and handsome as can be! He started out a little needy but has settled in to being a pretty good little baby and is learning to be content for longer periods of time. Congratulations Julie and Jon! Love you guys!


We can't get enough of those 2 little men! Especially Meghan, she wants to hold them all the time and just giggles when they cry. She is learning to be sweet and soft with them.

She has also started putting herself in the corner for time out!


Julie has always put her boys in the corner when they are being naughty I guess she has seen that enough that she thinks she needs to go there too when she has gotten in trouble.
Pretty cute I think!


I took these 2 pictures on our way out the door to church this morning. We can't seem to get to church on time, next week I am going to try extra hard. Adjusting to 9 is hard, but we will get there. I love being done at noon and having the rest of the day to relax and spend together. Ryleigh has become quite the little helper especially when it comes to Meghan. She offers to carry her in to the house or into a store. She can put her in her car seat and get her out. I love and appreciate her help! Meg even goes to her for comfort sometimes if she needs it instead of coming and crying to me.


I have been busy trying to get Meghan moved into Ryleigh's room. . . . . finally!!! Yes, she is almost 2 and her crib was still in our room. We had been trying to figure out how to fit the crib in Ryleigh's room with all of her existing furniture and finally decided we would need to take apart her dresser (remove the hutch) and eventually just get rid of it and get a tall skinny dresser instead of the one she has now. Anyway, with this change all happening Ryleigh and I decided to change the color and decor of her room. She no longer likes pink and her walls were painted a really bright pink. She wanted blue, we settled on a light aqua blue to be the main color with accents of brown, white and a hint of pink for Meg. I went to Hobby Lobby and got some samples of fabrics I thought she might like and she gave me the go ahead. Next stop, Home Depot to get paint. I picked 2 colors and got samples of those for her to see. She picked one and I went to work. I got the room completely torn apart, old drapes taken down, holes patched, and walls painted. Now I'm working on the bedding. I got them both chocolate brown sheets and I found new brown curtains at IKEA. So far I have finished Meghan's quilt and made her a pillow case, which by the way proved to be much harder than it probably needed to be but I love the way it turned out. I learned how to do something called a French Seam in the process. I just finished a couple of things to hang on the wall and am really happy with the way it is coming together! I can't wait to take pictures and share but I want it to be a little further a long. I won't make you wait until I have Ryleigh's quilt done, but I want some things on the walls.
So anyway, that's why I have been MIA! With 2 new babies around to love on and the project going on in Ryleigh's room I have been busy!

5 comments:

the Wilcox Family said...

Congrats on all the fun babies in the fam--with such a big fam, you guys probably get plenty of opportunities to get new ones! Tell Julie congrats, too! And can you have your Meghan teach my kids how to put themselves in timeout?? :)

RPH said...

I cant wait to see her room! I toatally remember that hot pink paint...

Way to go Tam! You are so ambitious!

Leslie said...

Well way to leave me on a cliff hanger! I can't wait to see that room! (Pretty cool Meghan puts herself in timeout...how'd you pull that one!?)

Krystal said...

LOVE those 2 sweet babies! I also LOVE Ryleigh and Meghan's new room! I can't wait until the boys get their new bunk beds...Cade keeps saying he wants a "soft blanket". :) I said we need to talk to Aunt Tami about that. :)

therealmccoy said...

Hudson is so lucky to have you as an Aunty.... you sure do have it down to a science.

Love the picture of Megs in the corner... she has so much personality it makes me laugh.