Wednesday, January 13, 2010

In search of. . . . . . .

The perfect Snickerdoodle!

Before Christmas my sister in law made some Snickerdoodles and brought them over for us, they were delicious. After they were gone I immediately wanted to make some more, so I began searching cookbooks I had for a recipe. Thinking nothing of it, I picked one and made it. They were not good. They got too fat and weren't soft. Disappointed, I text her asking to send me the recipe, but she was not at home and when she got home she didn't remember. I let it go for a week or two and decided to look around online. I found another one that promised soft and chewy and had claims that it was the perfect Snickerdoodle. Disappointed, it wasn't either. It was too thin and crunchy. I was determined now. I searched the internet again and found a few on the Tasty Kitchen website. I printed out 4 different ones. Two that I printed only had one small difference, 1/2 tsp. vanilla. I picked one and made it and they are the winner, soft, chewy, everything I was looking for.
Here is the recipe.

1 cup Softened Butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt

For Rolling Cookies:
2 tbsp. Sugar
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°
Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla
In a bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the wet ingredients. Beat until creamy.
Roll dough into balls and cover entirely with cinnamon and sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK!!!

6 comments:

Jennifer Wheeler said...

Oohh, gonna have to try them! Yummy!

RPH said...

WOOT WOOT! I love a good soft cookie. And it is so disappointing when you try a recipe and it is a flop. Thanks for sharing this one. We will definitely try it.

Nice picture. Can I post this on my cooking blog?

Turley Family said...

i know i can count on you to post the best, most yummy recipes! i will have to try this one out!

Leslie said...

You had me at hello. I pretty much knew it was going to be a happy Snickerdoodle ending and that I'd end up with a good recipe. Thanks for doing the leg-work! :)

RPH said...

YUM-O-RAMA!

These are so good. I posted them on my blog. Thanks for sharing!

I am going to be sick by the end of the day, I cant stop eating them!

Krystal said...

Thanks for throwing me under the bus publically on your blog. ;) LOL! I still can't remember what recipe I used. :)