Monday, April 27, 2009

Up close and personal with. . . . . .

. . . . the sidewalk! Meg fought the concrete and the concrete won! We had an incident at our house Saturday night! One we had never encountered before! Meg fell out of my truck on to the driveway! This is how it happened! I started my truck (remote start) and put Meg in the backseat of the truck, but I had to get her car seat out of Devin's truck. I left her there, as I have done before, and didn't think twice about it. Liam came out and asked me to unlock the door so he could get in. I did so, and when he opened the door she came tumbling out! Liam felt so bad even though I assured him over and over again that it was not his fault but that of my own! I couldn't believe it, it completely freaked me out! I couldn't believe that I had let something like this happen to one of my children. I was sick about and wanted to throw up, I cried until I fell asleep that night and then woke up every 2-3 hours to check on her! Sunday I was a pretty sight with my swollen and red eyes. Anyway, she has forgiven me, here are some pictures of the aftermath. I was sure she was going to wake up Sunday with black eyes but she didn't. The bruise on her head actually looked better than it did when she went to bed Saturday. Those scratches under her nose and on her chin didn't appear until Sunday.Nice dirty outfit, I know! This is after eating 2 meals and a couple of M&M's. She likes to feed herself these days and the M&M's were to keep her quiet while I was on the phone making a Dr.'s appointment, sometimes I wonder how anything gets done!

After I picked her up and saw that she was going to be okay, I was so relieved until I noticed my neighbor walking by, who by the way is a naughty word that I won't type out here but it starts with a capital B. She already thinks I am in way over my head with 3 kids. She has lived there a little over a year and tries everything she can to not even make eye contact with me. We have tried to be polite and say hello with little or no response. She won't even walk on the sidewalk in front of my house, she crosses the street. She is an idiot, she is the woman who has one child and that's all she will have, and she is on her like white on rice. Our other neighbor whom we love says that little girl is going to be like the "Ministers daughter". The little girl tries to say hi to my kids and the mom doesn't want her to associate with us "losers"! You know the one who is "the perfect mother and doesn't ever do anything wrong" well that's her. I cannot stand her! And you know what we've lived here 9 years, she has been here 1! She can take her kid and snotty self back to Seattle where she came from! She has told our other neighbor that she hates it here and wants to go back to Seattle, well be my guest, I will buy her a ONE WAY ticket. And another thing, she didn't even break stride to see if she was ok! Any normal person would at least slow down to see if a baby was ok after something like that! She needs to go! I'll stop ranting now!
I didn't need for her to see that! I think my ego was a little tarnished!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Poor girl! She doesn't look too bothered by it though. Her hair looks really red in some of those pictures too. And she's still cute, even with a scabbed up face.

Brianne said...

We've all had those moments as mothers...thankfully kids bounce back easily. When Owen was about 6 months old and just learning to sit up I sat him on the pew at church thinking he would be fine. I turned away for a second and he went tumbling face first off the pew! I had everybody in the chapel turning around to see what had happened when they heard the screaming start! Definitely not my finest moment...

Cheryl said...

she is so cute