Last Thursday I attended a Photography 101 class. It's taught in 2 classes and they are 2 1/2 hours long! It was a lot of fun, a couple of girlfriends from my ward took it with me! I knew most of what was taught but learned terminology for it, though it was good refresher course. This next week she is teaching us how to shoot using full Manual! Basically you have to tell exactly everything you want it to do. I usually shoot in Aperture priority or Shutter Priority, so I am excited to learn that. We also learned some of the rules of photography such as the Rule of thirds and some neat tricks to use on toddlers. As always it's nice to have my alone time doing and learning what I love. We even have homework! (Do you know how long it's been since I've had homework?)
These pictures are showing Shallow depth of field. You get pictures like these by lowering your aperture and changing your focal points to focus on the object you want. The object is in focus and everything else is kind of blurry. The lady's house we were at for the class was awesome and had plenty of things to photograph.
Can't wait till this Thursday!

These pictures are showing Shallow depth of field. You get pictures like these by lowering your aperture and changing your focal points to focus on the object you want. The object is in focus and everything else is kind of blurry. The lady's house we were at for the class was awesome and had plenty of things to photograph.
Can't wait till this Thursday!







2 comments:
Did you take those pictures? They are great! I especially like the first one. Take good notes. I am a total beginner, but could use some tips. We will have a lot to catch up on when you get here! I really cant wait!
I would love to take a photography class...looks like fun.
Post a Comment