Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break Re-cap

What a week we had! I'm still tired and trying to recover! Got behind on laundry and all other household chores! But oh well, we had fun with the kids being out of school! But I am happy to send them back tomorrow! We started off the week on Saturday the 14th, with Aunt Kristen and Leo coming into town! I went in to see them and while I was at my mom's I put some of those vinyl sayings that stick to the wall. I was suppose to have done them while they were gone and well I did, only 1 day before their return. Then on Sunday the most exciting thing was that my mom and dad, or Grandma Fay and Grandpa Wheeler, returned home from their 18 month mission in Fiji. I forgot my camera! I was excited for them to meet baby Megs, and she warmed right up to them. Sunday night was a late night at my parent's and then we brought Gavin home with us to spend the night. Ryleigh went to spend the night with her Grandmamama! (Dev's parent's) Monday we got up kind of late and headed back over to my mom and dad's to visit. Sunday night the house was pretty full, probably 100 people or so, so you couldn't get a word in at all. We spent most of Monday there, and then Monday night we had FHE with our friends the Breinholt's. Tuesday was spent at my parent's as well visiting and playing with cousins. I also took the kids to the fabric store to pick out some fabric to make aprons, Ryleigh has been wanting one and I thought Liam might want to have one too. Aunt Kristen helped us sew a couple of cute aprons, I will post a picture later, they are in the wash as I write this post. That night Liam had Jacob and Cole spend the night and Ryleigh spent the night with Alexa. Wednesday, we took the kids home and picked up Ryleigh and then hung out at home. Thursday we went to the lake. It was still a little chilly but the kids still played in the water. We went with Julie's family, Kristie brought her kids up and so did Cindy. My dad came up and spent half the day with us fishing with the kids. Devin's little brothers and sister came up with his dad's boat, so we had 2 boats until theirs broke down. I think everyone had a good time and some even got sunburned. We all packed lunches and had a fun time enjoying each other's company.

Dad fishing Liam looking for sea shells


Cody doing the famous Titanic "king of the world"


Meg chilling, I had to keep her out of the sun the best I could. One of the side effects from her antibiotic is that she could sunburn easily.





Friday we went to see Race to Witch Mountain. Both the kids and I enjoyed it



The kids spent the night Friday and Saturday night with their Grandma and Grandpa McCoy, which was a nice break. Saturday night I got to hang out with my 2 little sisters, we went to dinner and then to Nielsen's for dessert. In all we had a great time off being together and hanging out with family.

4 comments:

RPH said...

What a fun post! Sounds like you guys were busy and had a lot of fun! Cant wait to see the aprons. And the best part of this post? Nielsons. You lucky dog.

Monya said...

Ok- I am exhausted just thinking about everything that you did! You need another week of spring break to recover. Monya

Turley Family said...

what a trooper mag was...chillin in the stroller! I want a boat..maybe one day with student loads are paid off, and dustin gets a real job!

Krystal said...

What a fun week!
We were playing in the sand and you guys were plaing in the water...no fair. :)
I am NOT showing Brandon this post...he already wants a boat!!!