We lost one of our family members today! Our dog Koda died unexpectedly! Last night when we got home from Kelly's rehearsal dinner I went out to feed them and Koda wouldn't come when I called him, which never happens. Devin and I got a flashlight and went to investigate, thinking he maybe he got stuck somewhere or just couldn't hear us. When we found him he was just laying there looking up at us, but wouldn't move. Dev carried him in the house and he wouldn't move, wouldn't drink or anything. Just looked at us. He didn't look like he was in pain or anything, but I knew in my heart that the situation wasn't good. I took a few pictures knowing they would be the last, these aren't them, they are on Devin's camera. I will upload them later. By this morning he was gone. It didn't really hit Liam until he went out to help Dev bury him, and then it hit him hard, he was an emotional mess! He was a really good dog! By far our favorite out of the 3. He will be missed.
This picture is a few years old, Koda is the black dog on the right.
This picture is a few years old, Koda is the black dog on the right.
When he was smaller he use to lay inside the doggy door, I managed to snap a picture and catch him one of the times. It was cute!





3 comments:
so sad! sorry you lost your kota! my heart still aches when i think about when we lost my childhood puppy!
Oh Tam...how sad!
I am so sorry! We have lost a dog and a cat in the last few years and it's so hard. Kids get over it faster than the adults but still not fun. Hang in there!
Post a Comment