Friday, February 6, 2009

Update

This is an update to my previous post about the cookies. Devin and I just tasted one! They aren't as bad as I had set them up to be. But, they aren't as good as mine! They are fun to make and I will probably try and make them on my own, but probably not as often as I make the others.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Tami,
Sarah and I made some cookies with the fancy royal icing and we ate them right away and they were not good. In fact they were YUCKY. I decided right then and there that is was not worth the work nor the cost (meringue powder). We used a Martha Stewart Recipe - I think it was just the powder, the sugar and water. So I added lemon at first and then some vanilla. Sure enough, the next day they were very yummy. I ate at least 6- 'cause that is how I roll. Sugar cookies are the ONLY time I care for frosting.

Melissa said...

My moms cookie recipe is the bomb with cream cheese frosting. But to make them fancy looking you have to use royal icing. What do you do? If anyone ever figures out how to make them taste amazing and look great - yippee! (BTW, I didn't make those cookies last night)

RPH said...

Is it the fancy icing that makes them taste funny? Sugar cookies are my downfall. I could eat them til I puke.

RPH said...

by the way, i have looked at that lady melissas blog before. (the previous commenter) she makes fabulous stuff! I envious of her talent! Is she the lady who taught your class? You are lucky!
I would go with her advice: sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting. YUMMMMM!

Leslie said...

So, I have a great idea. Why don't you make a dozen of your cookies and bring them over to my house? Then, I'll ask Melissa to bring a dozen as well. Then, I will eat all 24 cookies and I will tell you both my answer. :) I LOVE SUGAR COOKIES - and by the way, yours turned out so beautiful! Like I'm surprised!

♥Tami said...

To those of you who asked, the cookie was good the frosting just doesn't really have any taste! But it's the only way to get that look!
Mine are yummy, but definitely have a different look!

Krystal said...

I have forgotten what your cookies taste like...I think I need a reminder. :)