Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time to move on

I didn't watch any part of the Inauguration, as planned, but, my kids did. I'm over it and ready to move on! It was kind of neat though to hear their thoughts on it. This is the conversation in the car when I picked them up!

Me: "How was school today?"
Ry: "Good, we watched President Obama"
Me: "Oh yeah, how was that? What did you think about it?"
Ry: "It was good, he made us a promise!"
Me: "Really, what kind of promise?"
Ry: "To keep us and our Country safe!"
Liam: "Yeah, we watched that too!"
Me: "What did you think about?"
Liam: "It was kind of boring, but he has a cool car! I liked the flags on it!"
Me: "Yeah, their cars are kind of cool! Did you know they make them bullet proof?"
Liam: "Really? That's Awesome!"

I love kids. And although I didn't watch TV today, I loved hearing their perspective on what took place! The difference between boys and girls and what a difference a couple of years make.

1 comment:

RPH said...

You didnt watch the inaguration? Tami!!

Kaleb and I watched it, now that I read your post, I want to put my own up about the funny things Kaleb said during it.