With the kids being home for the last 2 weeks I have found myself saying this little phrase a lot. I never thought I'd get tired of hearing these 3 little words. It doesn't matter if their snack is something that isn't super messy such as pretzels, goldfish, or apples. Or if it's something that has the potential of being really messy such as yogurt, apple sauce, or oranges. What ever they asked for I simply replied with "At the table."
Liam finally asked me why I always say that to which I replied "because if I don't who knows where you'll end up with food." He replied with "mom we always eat at the table." So the next time one of them asked for a snack, I didn't say it and guess what! That's right, on the couch! So it's back to reminding them to be "at the table."
I am glad school is starting back tomorrow! They are going to eat us out of house and home.
Liam finally asked me why I always say that to which I replied "because if I don't who knows where you'll end up with food." He replied with "mom we always eat at the table." So the next time one of them asked for a snack, I didn't say it and guess what! That's right, on the couch! So it's back to reminding them to be "at the table."
I am glad school is starting back tomorrow! They are going to eat us out of house and home.





No comments:
Post a Comment