Sunday, January 4, 2009

Yumminess!

I tried out a new recipe today and thought it was worthy of sharing! I got it from a friend's blog.
I made it in a crock pot and cooked it about 5 hours on high. It even got Liam's approval.
Which is very hard to do
Here you go! Enjoy!

CHALUPA
2 lb. pork roast
1 lb. pinto beans
1 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T. chili powder
1 can green chilies, chopped
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1 T. salt

Put all ingredients in a big pan and cover with water. (The roast will be sticking out a bit). Bring to boil on stove, covered. Then place, covered, in oven on 300 degrees for 4-6 hours, or until done. Shred roast and continue to cook with lid off until thickened. Serve over tortilla chips with salsa, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, etc. Or you can put it in a warm tortilla for a burrito.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

I always love trying out your recipes...thanks Tami!

RPH said...

This is a favorite in our house too! BUT I have never tried it in the crock pot. Next time, I will. Way to go!