Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Why I've been missing

What a busy past few days! I feel like I've just been running around since the start of the weekend. Saturday started out with a Primary Activity Day for Ryleigh and Liam, I also watch Julie's 2 youngest boys on Saturday. Sunday was our Primary Program which we had to skip out on a few minutes early because we were going to Missionary Homecoming for a kid Devin met about 4-5 months before it was time for him to go, and probably went mostly because Devin was a good influence on him and acted like a good big brother to him exactly when he needed one. It was neat to listen to all of the experiences he had while out there. He went to Australia, Melbourne. I always thought that would be the coolest mission to go to, and from what it sounds like it was pretty awesome. The kids both did great with their speaking parts, both had them memorized and were ready to go when it was their turn. Here is what they said:

Ry: "The prophets receive counsel and revelation from Heavenly Father."
Liam: "We can learn about Missionaries by reading the scriptures."

I did a couple of photo shoots. One of my nephew Jon for his Senior pictures and then Julie's boys. Here are a couple from that.









I was pretty happy with the way they turned out.
And then on top of all this, I made about 8 trips into Fry's for all there great deals. Between the butter you could get for 50¢ a pound, 5 lbs. sugar for $1.50, powerades for 38¢, Oatmeal for $2.00, and great deals on tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, canned milk and many more items. I stocked up and am planning to can most of the sugar and oatmeal I got. I've even learned recently by reading a blog that you can can butter. I just might give it a try. Instructions on how to do that are here. Finally, when I wasn't at Fry's I was at the computer editing pictures!

Meghan is feeling a lot better and is pretty much back to being a happy baby.
So that makes me happy!

4 comments:

RPH said...

Great pictures Tam! They look great!
I am sad we dont have a Frys nearby. I have read on a few blogs about the trips people made in for the good deals...bummer I dont get those!
Be sure and take a look at Enlightened Homemakers blog for a tip on canning butter if you decide to do it. Wait...did I send you the link about it already?
Glad you are back, I missed ya! Even though I just talked to you on the phone.

Krystal said...

Tami-The pictures are truly gorgeous!!! Of course your subjects are absolutely adorable, so that probably helps! :) Some of my favorite pictures of Cade and Jace are the ones you took 2 years ago. You caught some great expressions that I am so glad to have! YAY for baby Meghan feeling better!

Mindy Rule said...

Aww Tami, those pictures are perfect! You are going to have to teach me some skills! We stocked up on the Powerade too! Awesome!

juliespahr said...

Wow!! What cute kids!! And they look like they were so happy to be their!:)