Friday, August 8, 2008

Ryleigh loses tooth #6

You would have thought the world was coming to an end when it was time for this tooth to come. There was so much drama coming out of this little girl over this one tooth. Keep in mind this is tooth #6. She has had 3 loose teeth for quite sometime and this past Monday this particular was all of the sudden "hanging by a thread" (don't know if that saying would apply here, but I am using it). So Monday she kept working at it, pushing it back and forth, telling us all how much pain she was in each and every time! Tuesday came and she started talking funny, trying not to make her lips move because she was just sure that it would hurt if her lips touched the tooth that was loose! She also start slurping her spit back into her mouth. It was driving me crazy and I kept reminding her that if that tooth was still there when daddy got home, he would yank it out for sure! Sure enough, dad walks through the door and it only took 2 times of Ryleigh slurping her spit and I thought Devin was going to blow his lid. He threatened to pull it, and about 15 seconds later it was out. Imagine that!



She got $1 from the tooth fairy the next morning. This was our first experience being the tooth fairy. I know, your thinking it's her 6th tooth! But my kids aren't really into any of the fictional characters ie: Santa, Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. In fact I'm pretty sure the only reason she was into it this time was that she picked out a wallet the night before from Target while we were school shopping, and she wanted something to put in it. I've tried hyping them up and they just don't care that much. Sometimes I am grateful for this, and other times it makes me sad. I wonder if there are any other kids out there like mine, or are all of yours big time believers? I have a good friend who can't hardly even mention the word stockings around her son, and she has to wrap the presents from Santa in a different kind of wrapping paper and then has to hide any of the remaining paper if there is any, or he will notice. Sounds like way too much work to me. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm grateful for the kids I got, especially in this situation, that they are pretty easy going.
We love you anyway Ry, even with all the Drama!

4 comments:

Matt and Vanessa said...

Hey, I wonder what friend you are talking about... Anyway, Ryan freaks out everytime his tooth is about to fall out. So what you are saying is, it doesn't get any better. Silly Kids :)

Congrats to you Ryleigh for another tooth down. Enjoy your money!

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

#6! Way to go. That's the lucky number here at our house too. Isn't it hard to believe how much drama can me made over one itty bitty tooth, yet can be resolved in 10 seconds-if they would just let it. Congrats on stopping the slurping, that would have done it for me as well!!

Cheryl said...

Yeah Ry! finally!

RPH said...

Wow! #6?! Congrats Ry