Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

We got to go camping with some of our favorite people over Memorial Day weekend. We always have a lot of fun with them. Here the girls are taking a break to paint! Meghan especially loves to be artistic right now! Coloring, painting, cutting paper, whatever!

Liam's favorite part was riding quads of course! If he wasn't building caves
in the side of the mountain he was riding quads.




This is what you look like when you've been building and crawling thru caves! Yuck!


When Meg finally warmed up to it, you couldn't keep her off of a quad! She wanted
to ride it nonstop! Good thing there was always someone willing to take her on a ride.




The first night we were there we had a little excitement, a trailer about 100 yards from where we were caught on fire about 11:30 at night. Luckily nobody was in it! I hadn't fallen asleep yet and woke Dev up when I heard what sounded like gun shots that were way too close to our camp. He got up and went with a couple of other guys to investigate. It ended up being the ammunition that was inside this trailer that was going off. He came back to tell me and I flipped out a little asking if we needed to pack up our kids and get out of there, he assured me that we were fine and that if things changed he would be there quick to get us out of there. I got up and quickly got dressed anyway, just so I was ready if we had to take off.
The fire department came and put it out pretty quickly but not before 2 propane tanks had exploded. One of the guys who was camping with us is a firefighter and took a video of it. It's been posted on You tube here.

No comments: