Saturday, May 22, 2010

"The" Gila Valley Temple


As I was sitting at Ryleigh's end of the year baton performance waiting for it to start I decided I should take my kids up to the open house of the new Gila Valley Temple. It was being dedicated on Sunday which meant I only had a few days to do it. I decided the best day would be the next day Thursday, I decided this about 7:30 the night before. My parents were there to watch Ryleigh and my Mom graciously offered to make the trip with me. After getting home I talked to both Ryleigh and Liam about going, asking them if they would want to miss school to go see the new Temple. Liam was on board from the get go, Ryleigh needed a little convincing because she would be missing her party in baton. But she agreed that this would a neat experience. I made a call to Meilyn who graciously offered to keep Meghan so I wouldn't have her to contend with in what would end up to be a very quick trip to the Gila Valley. They wouldn't let me take my camera, not even to take a quick picture of us just in front of the temple, so these were taken as we were leaving. I took them from the car, while I was driving. Pretty good I think!


While we were sitting in the church watch a short video clip of what we were about to see, Liam was looking through a brochure that was left on all the seats. After a few minutes he nudged me and said "Mom, is this what we are going to see?" I replied "Yes" and he said "This is going to be awesome!" I just love that kid. Both Ryleigh and Liam had a good time and were happy we had made the decision to go.

1 comment:

RPH said...

How fun! I love that you went on such short notice. Sounds like it was worth it.

And how fun to have your mom around. Sometimes, I miss doing stuff like that with my parents.