Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Look who's 2!

I can't believe my baby girl is 2 already! Time sure flies when you are having fun! For her birthday we had a little celebration at my brother and sister in law's house. We ordered pizza, I made cupcakes and then she opened presents. My sister in law Krystal had this adorable outfit made for her! I just love it, and she gets compliments any time she wears it!
I kind of see it as a warning to people!
This way they know she's 2 before anything else!



She got some great gifts for her birthday, she got a baby Cabbage Patch, a stroller, some books, a scooter and helmet, a purse and pretend cell phone, and an adorable outfit.



Big brother and sister liked helping with the opening of the presents.



At first she wasn't all that in to opening the gifts until she started seeing what was coming out of those colorful wrapped packages. Then she was all about.

She had her 2 year well check and checked out healthy. She weighs 27 lbs. and I think she was 33 inches tall (I can't find the paper right at the moment!)
Some things she likes to do right now are:

*Read books, she is constantly bringing us books to read to her. Some of them she even know so well that if you say something wrong or try and skip a page she calls you out on it.
*She loves to help with the babies! I watch my nieces baby 2 days a week and whenever she is around her cousins Gage or Hudson she is totally obsessed with them!
*She loves to help in the kitchen and with laundry and anywhere else we let her.
*She loves to be outside with her daddy driving RC cars or flying RC airplanes!
*She says no for everything, sometimes it even means yes! You can usually tell by the tone in her voice which one she actually means.
*We've learned more sign language. She now knows "more," "food," "all done," "please", and I am working on "thank you".
*She's gotten to where she likes Nursery! I didn't even know this was possible! My first and Meghan (at first) did not like nursery, we always had to stay in there with them. Now she walks in and doesn't even look back!
*She loves her binky (we're working on it)
*She likes order, she wants everyone to have their stuff. If you put your keys down she'll bring them to you, if you take off your shoes she'll bring them to you.

We are totally in love with this little girl, even when she gets a little sassy and demanding, we are so grateful she was sent to live with us here on this earth.

3 comments:

RPH said...

By the way, I love all these posts! So fun!

Miss you guys!

RPH said...

A Cabbage Patch!? I didnt know they still made those! That was one of my favorite toys growing up.

And what a cute little outfit. I might have to replicate that in a few years.

Krystal said...

I LOVE Monster Meghan!!!!!!! :) She is a doll!!!!!!!!