Thursday, November 5, 2009

1st Grade Field Trip

Today I went on a field trip with Liam's class to the Zoo. Devin was originally supposed to go but had to be in Vegas again this week, so lucky me go to do it. I really did not want to go! Of course it was the hottest day of the entire week and month, and with the attitude I had going in to it, it was doomed! This morning as I left the house I decided I was going to do my best to enjoy the time with Liam and try and make the best of it. Things started out okay, well, the bus ride over was okay. And then it all started to go down hill from there. As soon as we got there all 3 boys in my group wanted to eat lunch, even though it was only like 10:15. I was hoping for that to come a little later, so we could have the break more than anything. I couldn't convince them of that though, so we found a table and they attempted to sit down and eat. They all 3 were very hyper and could hardly sit still.


Then I finally convinced them to see some of the animals.


Guess what, their hungry again! This is why you don't eat your lunch so early.



It was so hot!



My niece Sarah is a 1st grade teacher at the kids school.


We went and saw the Sting Rays, by far their favorite stop! We stayed there for a good 45 minutes maybe an hour, which was so easy for me and in the shade!





They ended up soaked! Oh well, it probably cooled them off a little.



After the Sting Rays all they wanted to do is play! I think we maybe saw 6 or 7 animals and that's it! Whatever, I was glad when it was time to head back to the buses!


I learned a couple of things about Liam today! First being that he is a totally different kid when he is around his school friends! A kid that I don't like very much! Second, we have some behavior issues to work on! He'll probably be sorry that I went on this field trip with him.

No comments: