Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Surprise Trip

With this being Devin's 8th week working in Las Vegas, we thought it would be fun to surprise the kids and take them up to see where Daddy has been going off to all this time. We had it all planned out, Devin would drive my truck up this week and the kids and I would fly up while they were on Fall Break. We kept it a surprise all the way up until tonight! I decided last night that it would be easier to get them up early tomorrow if they knew what was going on, because I knew they would be excited about it. I called and got Devin on speaker phone and we told them together, which was fun because I was worried about Devin missing out on the surprise part. Both of their eyes just got big and they didn't say anything for a few seconds and then Ryleigh said "what if I have to go to the bathroom while we are on the plane?" I responded by telling her there is a bathroom on the plane. Liam then chimed in with "I'm scared, are there windows on the plane?" Me "yes!" Liam "Well, what if one of them break and I get sucked out?" Whoa, I think there has been a little too much t.v. as of late and maybe some that played out this exact scenario! I assured him that this wouldn't happen and the windows were 2 windows thick and that we should be fine. After their fears were put to rest they started to get excited and we can't wait for tomorrow! Wish me luck I'm going to be outnumbered!

3 comments:

RPH said...

SO fun! I cant wait to hear about it! I bet your kids loved the surprise.

GOSH, 8 weeks out of town? Tami, you are wonderwoman. That is a long time to fly solo.

Monya said...

Tami, I hope you had a great time. I read your blog all the time. Just to lazy to leave a comment.
Monya

the Wilcox Family said...

Flying with kids is always an adventure. . . yours seem really good, so you probably won't have to worry. Me, that's another story! What fun parents to plan such a cool surprise!