Thursday, July 16, 2009

The final Leg - Burley, ID


The last part of our trip we spent in Burley, ID with my Aunt and Uncle. I have great memories of being at their house as a kid and am so excited my kids get to create some there as well. They are retired but still keep a few cows around and they have an awesome back yard! We got there in the middle of the night, all the kids were asleep. When they woke up Sunday morning they wanted to play first thing! We of course had to drag them off to 9:00 church, they were less than thrilled. But when church was over they were off to play, we could hardly get them to stop for lunch. They had bows and arrows (above), Liam really liked them and learned to shoot them pretty well. They also have an amazing tree house that unfortunately I didn't get a picture of, maybe I can find one from when we were there 3 years ago. We also met back up with this little guy, we only spent Sunday with them and then they had to go back to Provo for school and work.


Liam practicing the bows and arrows, and my dad and Uncle Marvin visiting in the back yard.


I think this picture was taken on Monday. Liam was so tired he fell asleep in this web, it's part of the tree house. I have a picture of Devin asleep in this too.
From 3 years ago I might have to find it.



Monday morning my Aunt Lovel took the kids out to the pond to catch frogs and tadpoles, they must have caught at least 75. They were all in different stages of development. Some were almost frogs, they had their hind legs but still had a tail.


Others were still tiny tadpoles.
Here is Aunt Lovel getting them clean water to put them in.


I turned around and caught my mom in the swing.
She was so excited to be in it swinging away.


Meg taking a break with a sprite. I don't even know where she got it from.
She, especially, loved being free in the back yard.


Monday night all of my Aunt and Uncles kids who live close came for FHE. Tony helped the kids climb the rock wall. Here is Ry on her first attempt, crazy girl didn't have shoes on.


She made it to the top, with some help.



Here goes Liam.


While they were all climbing I found Meg trying to catch frogs.


Tuesday night my cousin Heather invited us all over for dinner. She has 5 new kitties that Meghan loved! She kept letting them out of their cage.


And trying to carry them all over, which she isn't too steady on her own you can imagine how she is when carrying something. Yikes!

Liam loved the kitties too. Ry did to but she had spent the night there the night before and had been playing with them for awhile, so she went swimming.


She threw a big fit if you tried to take the poor kitties away.
I was afraid she was really going to hurt one of them.




After dinner we drove a short distance to Tony and Linda's house and they let the kids ride the horse. Brenton was so good to walk the horse for them.
Meg wasn't too sure about the whole thing.


Liam and Brenton



Ry's turn


I finally got a smile out of Brenton! I told him he better smile that it was going on the blog.


Wednesday we drove to Shoshone Falls, it was about 45 minutes away. We stopped and got lunch and had a picnic and then went and checked out these water falls. They are higher than Niagra Falls but not as wide. They were beautiful.


My kids at the end of the look out dock.


You can see my mom, Julie, Katie, Liam, Gavin, Mikaya, Meg, Gunner, Lexi, Sami, and the very top of Ryleigh's head here. I went down there on that thing and my legs turned to Jell-O. I grabbed Meg and went back up.



We picked peas fresh from the garden. This is the only way I will eat peas, Meg
enjoyed them as well.


Where's Liam?


Liam and Gunner climbing the tree, shortly after this picture Liam fell out of the tree. Thankfully he didn't get hurt but he didn't climb it again!


We left Thursday morning and came as far as Provo and spent the night there. Friday morning Kris and Leo came and met us at the Hotel and we headed home. That was a long day, but we all survived and made it home safely. We had a great time but am glad to be home with Devin, 11 days is a long time to be without daddy!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, looks like fun...all of it!

Stephanie said...

Tami, It looks like you had so much fun! It made me smile to see your mom, I love the tire picture!

Your kids are beautiful, and its so fun to see you and your beautiful family!

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

Wow and Wow! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the kitty pictures!

Turley Family said...

wow did you need a vacation after that vacation?

RPH said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the falls.

When are you coming back?