Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blog Slacker

I have been informed that I am a blog slacker! Sorry, not to much going on around here to report. I've been working on a couple of Easter projects that I can't post about until I finish them and give them to the people I made them for. I started another project for my secret sister in my ward. At our last Enrichment we all left with a name that we were supposed to do 3 special "secret" things for in the month of April. I received my first gift last Friday. It was a Conference Survival kit! Very clever, I might add! There were snacks in there to keep the kids happy, a notebook to take notes, a scripture pencil to mark my favorite scriptures, a book to keep me inspired, a cupcake mix to make between sessions, and enough soap for my 3 month supply that we have been counseled to have by the leaders of the church! I might be missing something, I'm going off memory! Anyway, I thought it was very creative and thoughtful!
Meg is walking a lot! Not full fledged but pretty close. She at least tries everywhere she goes and if she falls she stands herself back up where she fell and tries to go further. This is progress! She has gotten really destructive lately. I am constantly cleaning up messes that she has made. This is another reason I am a slacker in the blog department. She doesn't let me spend any time on the computer, she comes in and steals the mouse from me and bangs on the keyboard. Oh, and she has discovered the doggy door, she is constantly trying to climb out it and she puts stuff out it all the time. We found Ryleigh's DS outside yesterday. Luckily she hasn't made it outside herself yet! Another funny thing is that she has earned a middle name because of her naughtiness! My girls don't have middle names which makes it hard when you get mad at them and need to say their full name. 2 names just doesn't cut it in this situation. Meghan is lovingly called "Meghan Todd McCoy." Funny, huh? The 2 older ones call her that too.
Liam is well, Liam. We have been battling some behavior issues that we haven't seen in probably a year with him. Mostly with the fact that he thinks he always needs to be first and he always needs to win. He gets this from his father and if he (dad) would be a better example that you don't always have to win and you don't always have to be first I think it would help. He has also started baseball. He and Gunner are on the same team which is fun. This is first year playing coach pitch and he has done really well. We are proud of him. I'm a big loser and have yet to remember my camera to a game. I'll try this week to remember.
Ryleigh is becoming a really good reader! This is something she has struggled with this year and she has worked really hard to get better. I'm proud of her for working so hard. She did her AIMS testing last week and that wiped her out. I think she came home everyday and took a nap. She is still a super big help with Meghan. We are working on her doing chores without being asked or at least the first time she is reminded. No progress yet.
Devin is still holding on to his job. His company is down to 3 Superintendents and luckily he is one of them. We are grateful for this. He may have to go work in Las Vegas soon and we will miss him if he does. We hope it works out that he gets to stay here, but if that is what he has to do keep his job we will let him go. Side jobs are slim, not many people spending money these days.
As for me, I've been working on trying to build up our food storage. Actually this has been a family project, the kids like to help and with everyone's help it goes really fast. I fill the cans, Ryleigh put the oxygen packets in and Liam puts the lids on top and then Devin seals it with the canner we borrowed from the Stake. It's fun because we all work together, no one fights we just do our own jobs. We have canned wheat, pinto beans, oats and flour at home. It's hard because since I quit working I finally have the time to do this but now I don't have the money. Why does it work that way? Oh well, we are making progress, it's just slow progress!
That' it with us, now we are all updated.

6 comments:

Spring said...

Wow, what a good example of being prepared. I need to work on our food storage, or lack of. What are you guys canning?

Krystal said...

YAY for Meghan and walking! :)I have to laugh at the comment about Liam always having to win and getting it from Devin. I am so glad Brandon is not that way....HAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOL!
I am in big trouble when Cade and Jace get older since they are so close in age...AND have a dad like Brandon! YIKES!
YAY for Ryleigh and reading!

therealmccoy said...

Slacker?! If you're a slacker than I am in big trouble. Thanks for all the updates. Megs in the shower is too cute.

RPH said...

YEA YEA YEA!!! A new post!

Love all the updates. And I am so proud of you for all the canning. I wish I could have joined you.

And you left something out...didnt something big just happen in the Wheeler family? LIKE YOUR PARENTS COMING HOME FROM FIJI!?!?!?? Still looking for a report on that.

I hope you post your Easter Projects too!

RPH said...

And hurray for Ry and the reading? What is she reading these days? I hear the Junie B Jones books are a big hit with young girls.

once upon a poppy said...

hey tami! thanks for the idea. i would love to try and take the kids to the museum before we move. your blog is fun to look at!