
Pretzel Jell-O Cake
Crust:
2 c. crushed pretzels (sticks)
3/4 c. melted butter
3 tbsp. sugar
Mix together - press into 9 x 13 inch pan or dish. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
Next layer:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese
1 small Cool Whip
1 c. sugar
Beat together cream cheese and sugar. Then beat in Cool Whip. Spread over pretzel crust.
2 cups boiling water and 1 cup cold water
20 oz. frozen or fresh strawberries
1 lg. pkg. strawberry Jello
Mix together Jell-O with 2 cups boiling water until dissolved. Add strawberries and cold water (I add the strawberries when they are still a little frozen, this helps the Jell-O set faster) let set in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Then add Jell-O over the top. Chill until set, best if you let sit over night before serving. This could also easily be done with Raspberry Jell-O and raspberries.
1. Make sure your crust is completely cooled and even a little chilled before adding your cream cheese layer. Because if you don't it's almost impossible to spread with out picking up the pretzels too!
2. Make a good barrier with the cream cheese layer, make sure not to leave any holes where the Jell-O could leak through. It will make your pretzels soggy.





5 comments:
Thank you! I know this is just for me. We will be partaking of this over the weekend....I can hardly wait!
And it is so kid friendly! Kaleb will love breaking the pretzels and pouring stuff together.
Thanks thanks thanks!
But I did not mention I am not thanking you for the extra hour this is going to cost me on the treadmill!
It will be sooo worth it!
It was some of your best this week!
Thanks for bringing it... not to mention everything else!
This is one of my favorites. It is a Thanksgiving tradition for me, it is not Thanksgiving without it. I ALWAYS make it with raspberries!! Yum-yum
Just wanted to leave another comment. I am double checking making sure I have everything to make this tonight...I cant wait til tomorrow when we eat it!! I hope there are lots of leftovers!
Post a Comment