I honestly don't know where an entire year has gone, and how it managed to go by so quickly! My baby girl turned 1 today and I can hardly stand it! I'm tearing up just typing this!
This is where it all started 1 year ago today! I don't have the easiest pregnancies and with this particular one I had high blood pressure! The other ones I did too but this time it was high enough I needed to be treated for it. When I hit 31 weeks I started going to the hospital once a week to have tests run. I would have an ultrasound done to measure amniotic fluid around her and then they would do a non stress test on the baby as well. On Wednesday February 13th, I had a Dr.'s appointment with my OBGYN, Dr. Layton, at about 10:00 in the morning and he told me to clear my schedule for the rest of the day that I would probably be having a baby that day. We had already planned a c-section for the following Wednesday February 20th. My appointment at the hospital was immediately following the one with my doctor. Sure enough after my ultrasound that day and stress test I was admitted to the hospital and the c-section was planned for about 5:30 that day. I didn't have anything with me, I was not planning to have a baby that day, even though I was secretly hoping to. I called Devin to tell him, I heard a little bit of a panic on the other side of the phone telling me he would be right there. I assured him he didn't need to come right away and in fact I needed him to pick up kids from school and bring me some things from home. There wasn't any need for him just to be sitting in my room waiting when he was so busy at work. So as I sat there I began sending text messages to family and friends and received many well wishes as well as assurance that I was in their prayers, which I was grateful for. Surgery is always a little scary, even being my 3rd c-section. In my family you pretty much just need to tell one person and they get the message spread pretty quick, even all the way to Fiji. Surgery went fine and by about 7:30 I was in my room with it full of visitors all waiting to see me and more importantly to meet baby Megs! She was beautiful! One of the advantages of having c-sections is that the baby comes out without any marks on their faces or mis shaped head. She weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long. Here we are at the beginning of her little journey on this earth. Ryleigh and Liam were so excited to come meet their new little sister.
This is where it all started 1 year ago today! I don't have the easiest pregnancies and with this particular one I had high blood pressure! The other ones I did too but this time it was high enough I needed to be treated for it. When I hit 31 weeks I started going to the hospital once a week to have tests run. I would have an ultrasound done to measure amniotic fluid around her and then they would do a non stress test on the baby as well. On Wednesday February 13th, I had a Dr.'s appointment with my OBGYN, Dr. Layton, at about 10:00 in the morning and he told me to clear my schedule for the rest of the day that I would probably be having a baby that day. We had already planned a c-section for the following Wednesday February 20th. My appointment at the hospital was immediately following the one with my doctor. Sure enough after my ultrasound that day and stress test I was admitted to the hospital and the c-section was planned for about 5:30 that day. I didn't have anything with me, I was not planning to have a baby that day, even though I was secretly hoping to. I called Devin to tell him, I heard a little bit of a panic on the other side of the phone telling me he would be right there. I assured him he didn't need to come right away and in fact I needed him to pick up kids from school and bring me some things from home. There wasn't any need for him just to be sitting in my room waiting when he was so busy at work. So as I sat there I began sending text messages to family and friends and received many well wishes as well as assurance that I was in their prayers, which I was grateful for. Surgery is always a little scary, even being my 3rd c-section. In my family you pretty much just need to tell one person and they get the message spread pretty quick, even all the way to Fiji. Surgery went fine and by about 7:30 I was in my room with it full of visitors all waiting to see me and more importantly to meet baby Megs! She was beautiful! One of the advantages of having c-sections is that the baby comes out without any marks on their faces or mis shaped head. She weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long. Here we are at the beginning of her little journey on this earth. Ryleigh and Liam were so excited to come meet their new little sister.




















2 comments:
I still remember going to see Meghan in the hospital when she was born. Actually....I still remember going to see Ryleigh and Liam in the hospital when they were born too!
Thanks for giving me the best nieces and nephew in the world! :)
She is too cute. Thanks for reminding me that ther IS one good thing about C sections too! I remember Kaleb was all round headed when he came out...no cone head.
what a sweet post. I remember when you txt me and told me you were gonna have the baby. Has it been a whole year?
Post a Comment