Bashas had a great price on top sirloin, so I decided to can some. I started the project way late, about 8:00 at night. By the time I got it trimmed up and cut up it was 8:30. I washed the jars and got the meat in them and went to start, by this time it was close to 9, and we were out of propane on our BBQ. I quickly called Julie, thank goodness they live close and theirs was almost full. I wasn't sure what I was going to do if she didn't have it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
I've never heard of canning meat before...interesting! Sounds like a good idea too.
i know i'll see you next week, but i'll forget to ask. So did you do it on your gas grill?
Yep, I used my grill! Works like a charm!
I wish I was there to help! Sounds like fun!
Got your card today. Too cute!! That must have taken forever to make those, totally appreciated! Thanks.
oh my goodness, i really need to get a pressure cooker so that i can do that...you are awesome!!
I have a glass top too, but I just use it and have never had a problem (although we do have a grill with a side burner). I have the same problem with starting to can way too late and then you have to stay up to finish it and I like to wait 'til it's cooled so that I can put a jar in the fridge if it didn't seal (I hate to see it wasted). I always think it's going to go a lot quicker than it does :)
Post a Comment