Saturday, November 8, 2008

As per your Request…

White Bean Chili

  • 3 cans of Great Northern Beans
  • 1 medium jar of medium or hot salsa
  • 1/2 t. Ground Cumin
  • 1/2 t. Chili Powder
  • 1 salsa jar of milk (after you dump in the salsa, use the jar to measure the milk!)
  • 3 Chicken Breasts
  • 1 lb. Monterey Jack Cheese

Mix beans, salsa, milk, cumin, & chili powder in a large saucepan - bring to a boil. In a pot, boil chicken til fully cooked then chop into bite size pieces, or shred it. Add the chicken to the mixture and then add MOST of your cheese. Save a little to top your chili with!


Side note to all who ate this tonight: When I made mine I used Medium Pace Picante sauce and I used the middle size they offer (not the chunky kind). I also doubled everything except the salsa and the milk! Hope you all enjoy!

Also I have to give a shout out to my cousin Lindsey for the great recipe! Thanks for sharing!


5 comments:

RPH said...

YUM! I am going to have to get that on the menu soon! Sounds good.

And HOLY MOLY! John and Zac are old enough to be preforming at high school things?

New Lewis Happenings said...

Thanks for posting this recipe!! I had two bowls last night and wish I would have had a whole pot of it!!! Can't wait to make it!! YUMMY!

M & S Eagar said...

I love that recipe too! Brady is picky and likes to pick out chunks so I run the salsa through the food processor first. I tell you what -the things we do for our children!

And...I met Matt and Lara here. They live about 30 miles away from us and we have some mutual friends so we occasionally run into each other at group gatherings.

Sara said...

thank you! it was so delish! everything you do is fab!

Jenn said...

Thanks so much! I am dying to make it,so my favorite of the night! WHat other talents do I need you to teach me?