Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catastrophe has hit - literally

We had our first big catastrophe happen this last weekend, and I'm sure it's not the last. But considering we've been in this house 8 1/2 years I think we are doing pretty good! I'm knocking on the desk, don't worry! Last weekend while Devin was mowing he mowed over a rock and the lawnmower shot it straight for the back doors! Broke one of the panes, thank goodness for double pane windows. After it happened he walked in and emailed a company he often uses for work to get a price for a new piece of glass. We also had a good talk with all the kids about why we don't throw rocks in the grass, and that mommy and daddy tell them things like this for a reason, not just because we don't want them to have any fun! On Friday, Devin picked it up the new piece of glass and installed it. He is pretty handy to have around, I think I'll keep him.


1 comment:

Michelle and Aaron said...

Wow that is pretty exciting! I am glad no one (besides the glass) was hurt! Tell Devin to be more careful where he mows. Doesn't his Call of Duty 4 training prepare him for stuff like that?