Sunday, September 14, 2008

I can't believe it!

I can't believe it's been 7 years since we brought Ryleigh into this world! It was a very emotional and long awaited day! We had been trying for 2 years to successfully get a baby here and that day finally came! The whole country was still suffering a great deal from the September 11th tragedy and I remember thinking "What in the world are we doing bringing a child into such a scary world!" I went to my Dr.'s appointment on the 13th and was very swollen and my blood pressure was high! At the end of my appointment Dr. Layton told me that I was already on the induction list for that evening! I was told to go home and get some rest and the hospital would be calling me when a bed was ready. I was in total shock! It was 2 weeks before my due date and all of the sudden I felt very unready! That call came about midnight and we headed down there. By 1:00 a.m. I was hooked up with IV's and they had given me pitosin! Contractions started immediately and were very intense! I had not had a single contraction or even a braxton hicks contraction until this point. So I was all of the sudden in full Labor! I progressed very slowly throughout the day, and at 9:15 p.m. when my Dr. came in to check me yet again I was only at 4 cm. He said to me "let's do a c-section!" I gladly replied with an ok! Ryleigh was born at 9:32 p.m. in Mesa, AZ. She weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long.

Ryleigh is such a sweetheart! She is always willing to give a hug or tell you she loves you! She wears her heart on her sleeve and gets her feelings hurt very easily, because of this she often gets emotional just like her momma! Should be interesting during the teenage years! Ryleigh we love you so much and love all that you are and all that you do for our family! We are so happy you are a part of our family! Happy Birthday!



This is me right before leaving for the hospital! I know Devin has some mad photography skills! Don't ask me what happened to my head? We didn't have a digital camera then, it's not like I could look to see if it was a good picture! Not hardly one I could do over either!


Devin waiting for them to let him in to the operating room! He looks cute in scrubs!


Ryleign being weighed after her grand entrance!


Proud Papa!


Ryleigh's blessing day!

No comments: