Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Grandparents on Location"





My parents are serving a full time mission in Suva, Fiji. I know, rough! Here is an excerpt of a conversation with Liam regarding this.

Liam: "I wish all of our Grandmas and Grandpas had their own computers!"

Me: Thinking to myself that all of his grandparents have their own computers said "which Grandma and Grandpa, Grandma and Grandpa McCoy?"

Liam: "No the ones that are on Location!"

When I informed him that they indeed did have their own computer he said "Well, why can't we write them a letter?"
I do write them, I guess I need to get the kids involved with those letters!

Another time after saying family prayers, we always ask that Grandma and Grandpa are watched over and protected in Fiji, he had gone to his room to go to bed and about 5 minutes later came back in crying, tears and everything. I asked him what was the matter? And he replied as serious as can be "I wish Grandma and Grandpa never went on a stinky butt mission!" After wiping away my tears, I assured him it was ok that they would be home soon! He said "I just miss them and want to see them!"


These are pictures that we got back in December probably, they don't send many! They are probably saving them up to do a slide show for us when they get home.
The top one is my mom and dad in Fiji.
The next 2 are them at the PCC in Hawaii learning how to Hula dance, which I'm sure was quite a sight. They had a one week stay in Hawaii on their way over for training at BYU Hawaii. They are working in one of the schools in Fiji.
The bottom one is the temple in Fiji, in front are some of the couples they serve with. They get to work in the temple on Saturdays, which they absolutely love.

2 comments:

RPH said...

How great to see your sweet parents! Your mom rocks that moomoo. really, it looks great on her. too bad those are just pictures and not video of the doing the hula! i love your parents.
and your little man...what a crack up! send him up here some time would ya? i could use some more entertainment!

Matt and Vanessa said...

Your parents look great. Liam cracks me up, he reminds me of Ryan with the things he says. We continue to keep your parents in our prayers and look forward to more pictures.