Friday, November 4, 2011

A lady bug, a zombie, and a Princess!

For Halloween this year Ryleigh was a Ladybug, I made her costume, which I think turned out pretty cute. She didn't love it but wore it anyway!

Liam was a Zombie, which was my idea because he couldn't come up with anything himself!
I think he was pretty happy with the outcome!

And little Miss Meghan was a princess, her costume was purchased a month before the big day and was worn at least once a day everyday since we brought it home. She wore it so much I had to do quite a few repairs on it so she could still wear it, it was falling apart! She refused to wear the jacket to the costume which I think was the cutest part of it. Maybe I can get her to put it on just for a picture. She's also missing the tiara in this picture.

We had a great Halloween! The festivities started on the Friday before with trick or treating at Grandma Cheryl's work (University of Phoenix). We had so much fun and got so much candy that I convinced the kids to let us hand it out that night at our Ward Trunk or Treat. Which was awesome not to have to buy candy for that! I made chili and a pie for our Ward party, and didn't win in either category for the contest, but I didn't care much either! We had a good time, Ryleigh handed out candy that night, she didn't even want to trick or treat! On Monday we made a crock pot of soup and took it over to Grandma and Grandpa McCoy's house to spend the evening. Their neighborhood goes all out for Halloween and we always have a lot of fun handing out cups of root beer over there. None of my kids were interested in trick or treating, they spent almost the entire night filling up little cups of root beer, I think we went through almost 1000 cups. Towards the end of the night they all walked down 1 street and were done.

No comments: