Monday, March 28, 2011

Preschool for Megs



Meg was accepted into Gilbert Public Schools Amancer program, which means she gets to go to preschool. The testing process is very long and tedious but they test in a bunch of areas to see if the kids qualify. They test social skills, cognitive skills, they even want to know if she can wash her hands all by herself, as well as other things I can't remember right now. The only area in which she needs help is speech, which is what we thought and why we were getting her tested to begin with. In all other areas she tested well above her age. So after about 3 months of testing and re testing, she was accepted! She was thrilled! Yesterday was her first day, I snapped these pics with my phone because I forgot til last minute. You can tell by the look on her face she was like "can we go mom?" When we got to school and had to say goodbye we both cried! She stopped before me! And I sat in the parking lot for 20 minutes before I could drive away! She is so little compared to the other kids, she is easily 5 or 6 inches shorter then them all!
Anyway, she got to ride the bus home and when I met her at the bus she wouldn't let me help her down the steps, in fact she wouldn't even speak to me until we got in the house. And then she turned and with the biggest grin said "I ride the bus......by myself!"

I cried again!

No comments: