Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tucson Zoo

During Spring Break Julie invited us to go with them down to the Tucson Zoo, our membership to the Phoenix Zoo got us in free so how could we turn it down. With Julie's addition of Gage we no longer all fit in one vehicle so Ryleigh rode with Devin early in the morning since he was working down there anyway and Julie, me and the other 6 kids drove down a little later. Once we got there we picked up Ry and I got to see where Dev had been working all these months. His Circle K looked fantastic, he always does such a great job on his buildings! We then headed off to the Zoo. The first animals we saw were the chimps, this guy was so active and swinging all over the place. Griffin got so excited and said "Mimi, look he's doing the monkey bars!" LOL! We then had a discussion about how the Monkey Bars got their name.


These giraffes were so cool, we were at the same height as them so we could really tell how tall they are. Plus at one point we were within probably 15 ft. of them too.


Here is the polar bear, probably the kids favorite. We stayed and watched
this guy for quite awhile!



Liam spotted this bench and was so excited that our last name was on it.
So, we had to take a picture by it.


Rhinos! They really need some lotion!


This peacock was probably 3 ft. from us and just stared at us.


The elephant enclosure was small which was awesome because we got to see them up close. At the Phoenix Zoo your lucky if you see them at all.
This guy was probably only 10-15 ft. from us.



I don't think this tiger realized how big this enclosure was because he just kept walking
around in circles.

Stopped to take a break and have some snacks. It was kind of windy.


We ended by seeing the Jaguar, we learned he is also known as a panther.


There were lots of other animals I didn't get pictures of. When you are as outnumbered as Julie and I were, the pictures didn't seem too important.
We also saw the tortoise's, otters, lions, zebras and ostrich's as well as others I'm sure.

2 comments:

the Wilcox Family said...

Just been skimmin' your blog--you do such cute stuff with your kids. Lucky kids they are! Your little gal is a cutie. Plus, you are the cookie making queen evidently. I need you at my house!

Leslie said...

I love the Tucson Zoo! We went there last year and I like it way better than Phx. I love how small it is and all the different stuff we don't have here. Great pics btw!