Saturday, November 7, 2009

"The Quilt"

A couple of weeks ago I posted a tease on my Facebook page about a quilt I made for my Sister in Law and nephew who is due in January. A lot of people wanted to see a picture of it, but I had to wait until after I gave it to her before I could post any pictures. Anyway, here it is! When I went shopping for fabric I kept finding tons of cute girl fabrics but nothing I loved for boys. Even as I left the store with this fabric I wasn't in love, I really just thought "this is going to have to do." After I started cutting blocks and started to put it together I fell in love! I absolutely love the way this turned out and was so excited to show everyone. I even took it on tour to show my family members before I had to give it away! Because honestly, I was wanting to keep it.




Today was Mary's shower, and the blanket and I had to part ways. She will probably kill me for posting this picture of her. But this is her opening her gift from me.
(on a side note: I was trying to get a few pictures of the shower for her and I kept catching her like mid word. I feel bad I didn't get any great pictures for her, but I didn't really want to stop her and make her pose for the camera either. So sorry, Mary!)

4 comments:

RPH said...

WAY TO GO!!! I love when projects come together like that. I often catch myself doubting (just like you) but when it is all done, it looks better than expected!

Cute fabric too!! It is adorable. Perfect for a boy.

Kristen said...

Yeah, it's super cute.

therealmccoy said...

No worries about the monster face photo you just posted... the quilt more than makes up for it:)
The quilt is a huge hit, and I feel so lucky that I was the lucky winner. It's my one blanket I just cant put away and it sits on the rocker waiting for Hudson's arrival.
I had some ladies over to the house yesterday that hadn't seen it and now they are all wanting one.
Thanks again... It's one of my favorite gifts!

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

So, so cute Tami!!